Tuesday 19 March 2024

Rostam and his Rakhsh


 I am Rakhsh, the heavenly horse,
The twin of Rostam, the mighty hero;
We were born for each other,
We were one with each other,
And together we created a myth.

~MK

 

[from the mailbag, 27 August 2014]

 

Yesterday I found the image of a wonderful horse among my recent photo-paintings (akkaashi). It reminded me of "Rakhsh", the mythical horse of Rostam, the Champion of the World (جهان پهلوان), in Ferdowsi's "The book of Kings" (Shahnameh - شاهنامه). 

Suddenly I was inspired with the idea that in the mythologies of many nations, great heroes are existentially one with their horses in their lives, their triumphs and their fates. So I titled the image "Rakhsh, the Horse of Rostam", and wrote the following lines as its caption: [as above]

Then, I search in the Internet and found some suitable words and images about "Rostam" and "Rakhsh", as well as the Sassanid king, Khosrau Parviz's legendary horse, Shabdiz. Here are those words and images.

~MK
 




 

  The light of thought, the love of truth, and the Goddess of Poetry be with you.
~MK



[happy Norooz!

xojo]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rostam and his Rakhsh

  I am Rakhsh, the heavenly horse, The twin of Rostam, the mighty hero; We were born for each other, ...